Michael Oyebode BSc (Hons) PGCE QTLS MSET
Teacher of Design Technology and Engineering after nearly 3 years of supply teaching requires a permanent teaching role ASAP.
Professional Teaching Blog: http://www.dtengineeringteaching.org.uk
Contact: Michael Oyebode (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location: Yorkshire and Humberside
Desired Salary Scale: MPS 2 / MPS 3
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Subject Specialisms taught: Product Design, Resistant Materials Technology, Graphic Products, Mathematics, Business Studies, Computing and ICT
Subject levels taught: Key Stages 3, 4, and 5
Michael qualified as a Teacher of Design Technology and Engineering in July 2015 at the University of Huddersfield. To demonstrate his professionalism and competency, he went on to complete and pass the Society of Education and Training’s professional formation to gain the status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) in Winter 2016 submission.
Michael commenced his MA in Education (part time) at York St. John University in October 2017, completing the course by 2020. And in addition, as part of his continuing CPD he has also commenced the 10-month TSST (Teacher Subject Specialism Training) course in Mathematics at the Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub.
Michael’s subject knowledge was initially obtained on his bachelors degree back in 2003 having studied BSc (Hons) in Engineering Product Design at London South Bank University. He keeps up to date with current subject knowledge by personal research and study. He is also a member of a number of organisations including the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and The Design and Technology Association.
Michael used to be a web designer and digital marketer for over 10 years before he trained as a Teacher. He’s passionate about design, technology and gadgets. He also has a particular interest in automotive design and engineering.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Effective customer service and consultancy skills
- Excellent Design and Technology skills
- Ability to manage projects to successful completion
- Able to prioritise tasks and produce work of a high standard to deadlines
- Excellent team-working and independent working skills
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Creative Suite, SIMS, WebPlus X6, DrawPlus X5, Photoshop, Illustrator, various Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages, Windows 10, Outlook, and Thunderbird software packages
- Current, clean full UK driving licence
September 2015 – Present Supply Teacher of Design Technology
Protocol Education, 5 Albion Place, Leeds, LS1 6JL
Teaching a wide range of key stage 3 and 4 lessons in Design Technology: Resistant Materials Technology. At the start of the term I put in place an intervention to help GCSE DT coursework by setting up an after-school DT coursework. Students have an elective slot in their timetable for them to have an opportunity to do a different subject. I set up a Design and Make sessions every Thursdays for my electives which allowed students to have an opportunity for students to partake in project they wouldn’t have otherwise to do in their design and technology lessons. Worked in several schools around Yorkshire and the Humber including Brayton Academy, Ebor Academy Filey, Bedale High School, The Grammar School at Leeds, and The Crest Academy.
September 2015 – Present Teaching Resources Author
TES – www.tes.com
www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/michaeloyebode – Design Technology & Engineering Teaching Resources is the home of quality professional teaching & learning resources dedicated to Design Technology (DT) and Engineering.
September 2015 – Present Teaching Resources Author
Michael Oyebode Ltd. Trading as Design Technology & Engineering Teaching Resources, 29 Burdyke Avenue, York, YO30 6JU
www.dtengineeringteaching.org.uk – Design Technology & Engineering Teaching Resources is the home of quality professional teaching & learning resources dedicated to Design Technology (DT) and Engineering.
In the spirit of the Society for Education and Training’s professional standard on collaboration this website was set up to share ideas with other teachers and educators in the design technology and engineering subject field.
September 2014 – May 2015 Trainee Engineering Tutor (PGCE Placement)
York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
My PGCE placement took place at York College (where I also undertook my PGCE under the direction of the University of Huddersfield), an OFSTED Outstanding college in York, which provided me with an invaluable insight into different teaching styles and assessment strategies. In my PGCE placement I was involved with students aged 16-19 primarily, covering courses from level 1 to level 3 within the Technology spectrum which included: engineering, product design, resistant materials and graphic products. I have experience with SEN, EAL and the gifted and talented.
January 2004 – September 2014 OPD Design Limited – Director
Set up website and product design business, OPD Design Limited. Worked on projects including Internet Marketing (including Search Engine Optimisation), Web Design & Development, Graphic Design, Photography and Product Design for SME clients.
- 2017 – 2020 York St John University
MA Education (Part-time course)
- 2017 – 2018 University of Plymouth (Distance Learning)
TSST – Teacher Subject Specialism Training (Mathematics Course)
- 2015 – 2016 Society for Education and Training (Education and Training Foundation)
QTLS – Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills
- 2014 – 2015 University of Huddersfield
PGCE – Post 16 Education in Design Technology and Engineering
- 1999 – 2003 London South Bank University
BSc (Honours) with approved Industrial Placement
Engineering Product Design – 2.2
- 1997 – 1999 Trinity Catholic High School, Essex
4 A – Level grades A – C in Art & Design; Computing;
- 1992 – 1997 Saint Ignatius College, Enfield –
10 GCSE grades A* – C
- Society for Education and Training – Member – Membership No. AK004633
- The Institution of Engineering Designers – Member – Membership No. 31154
- The Design and Technology Association – Secondary School Member No. 1271974
Hobbies & Interests:
My interests outside teaching include volunteering at my local church helping with the graphic design for the church website and leaflet and notices. Other interests include anything IT or computer based, including web design and gaming. I am also a fan of automotive engineering and design; designing and building radio controlled model cars and aircraft.
Membership of Organisations whilst at School & University:
- Combined Cadet Force (CCF) – RAF Section (1994-1997) – Rank on Leaving: Corporal
Duke of Edinburgh Award – Bronze Level
- Sea Cadet Corps – Training Ship Acorn – (1997-2000) – Rating on Leaving: Petty Officer (SCC) Adult
- University of London Officers Training Corps – (2000-2002) – Rank on Leaving: Officer Cadet
|Mr Aaron Brooke – Education Recruitment Consultant
Protocol Education, 5 Albion Place,
Leeds, LS1 6JL
0113 246 8220
|Mr John Bagshaw – Head of Design Technology
The Grammar School at Leeds,
Alwoodley Gates, Leeds, LS17 8GS
|Mike Saunders – Head of Studies
York College, Sim Balk Lane,
York, YO23 2BB
01904 770 200
|Dave Farrimond – Retired Primary School Head-teacher
80 Malvern Avenue, York, YO26 5SG