10 simple things to try and have a better work-life balance
Tonight’s 15 minute forum was led by Becky Owen – giving some great advice on how it is possible to be a brilliant teacher and avoid teacher burnout.
1.Mid term plan for each class before each half term including homework to be set.
- Reduces planning time during the week
- Gives time to become more confident with areas of subject knowledge that are less strong.
- Gives time to prepare practical work
- Ensures enough time to cover all content in lessons you have available.
- Allows shared classes to be taught properly without confusion.
Time scale – approx. 1 hour for all classes (I had 10)
- Set homework on connect before start of half term (for as much of half term as possible)
- Reduces time setting each week
- Reduces chance of it not being set or put on connect
- Helps reduce shared classes from not being set any homework.
View original post 451 more words