SOW – IPHONE CASE & PACKAGING…
An up-to-date scheme of work that ticks lots of boxes in the curriculum spec can be hard to come by… well look no further because I have a great SOW that students love and I have even designed a booklet to go with it that is free to download!
I originally designed this SOW to meet some of the requirements of the new DT specification and we use it with Y8 on a 12 week rotation. Here are the areas/skills that the SOW covers:
- Design context and problem solving for a design brief.
- Research of the client and consumer.
- Primary & secondary research – Questionnaires & product analysis.
- Designing in relation to design eras of the 1900’s.
- Generating creative solutions/designs in consideration to a design specification.
- Ergonomics, Anthropometrics & Prototyping.
- Design development – Manufacturing Diary.
- Evaluation of design solutions.
- Extension task – designing for different clients.
- Sanding, sublimation printing, heat press, hot…
View original post 325 more words