5 Teaching Fundamentals
Originally, this was set to be five-post series, but the first two didn’t seem to bite – so I’m making things easier (better) by putting it all into one post.
The five teaching fundamentals are aspects of effective teaching that I think are absolutely essential but are often things that I find I need to suggest as areas for development.The five fundamentals are:
- Checking for recall and understanding
- Being precise about what you want to be learned
- Modelling multiple examples.
- Specifying theoutputs and timescales.
- Making time for practice.
I would say that this is often one of the weakest areas of practice in teaching in relation to how important it is: checking that students know and understand what we think we have taught them.
If I tell you something or explain something to you I want to be sure that you’ve understood it now…
View original post 810 more words