Learning Styles – The fad which will not die
Teacher Tapp is an app that surveys teachers every day. While those who answer are self-selecting so it is probably not completely reflective of all teachers, it’s probably going to be biased towards the more informed teacher, rather than the less informed. This makes the following result (reported here last week) somewhat concerning.
That’s an overwhelming vote in favour of learning styles. This is a shock.
I’ve written about learning styles in the past:
- A Helpful Video On Learning Styles
- Never Forget: Learning Styles are Complete Arse
- Nobody Believes in Learning Styles Any More, Do They?
- Learning Styles Strike Back
- Is criticising learning styles an attack on the poor?
A rough summary of the situation is that there is no good research evidence for any learning styles, the most famous types of learning styles are known to be based on pseudo science, and there is still a significant unclaimed reward available to anyone who can…
View original post 841 more words