What is a knowledge-rich curriculum? Principle and Practice.
I have found recent discussions and debates about the concept of a ‘knowledge-rich curriculum’ – or knowledge-led; knowledge-based – fascinating. Some of this has been explored brilliantly in various blogs. Here is a selection:
- Summer Turner https://ragazzainglese.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/pub-quiz-or-published-what-are-the-aims-of-a-knowledge-rich-curriculum/
- Jon Brunskill I’m bringing knowledge back. | Pedfed which is worth reading along with his school’s website info on curriculum. Reach Academy Feltham |Approach to Curriculum Design
- Ben Newmark. Planning a knowledge curriculum.
- Rosalind Walker. My #rEDBrum talk: The Nature of School Science Knowledge
- Mark Enser: Knowledge in the classroom | Teaching it Real
- Rebecca Foster and Claire Hill: On our #rEDDurrington presentation: Practical approaches to bringing research-informed practice to the classroom, the department and whole school | The Learning Profession
There are also numerous blogs from Michael Fordham (Knowledge and curriculum – Clio et cetera), Clare Sealy (Memory not memories – teaching for long term learning…
View original post 1,704 more words